Use "Reid" at checkout
"SUPER KINGPIN" KNUCKLES
Specifically for the Super Kingpin Inner-C's
Reid Racing's patent-pending "Super Kingpin" knuckle assembly combines the best features of the familiar Kingpin Dana 60 and the 2005+ Ford Superduty Dana 60 unitbearing knuckles for a unique oversized assembly that provies the next level of axle strength and durability. Â Much larger than the familiar kingpin Dana 60 and ball joint "Super 60," the Super Kingpin assembly provides greater than Rockwell 2.5-ton strength in a simple and inexpensive package that utilizes familiar components and greatly reduced weight for high-speed racing applications.
- Utilizes the stout Dana 60/70 upper and lower kingpin assemblies for the utmost in strength.
- 1.5" increased yoke spread allows fitment of 1480, 1550, and Rockwell 2.5-ton U-joints and a greater load carrying capacity.
- Uses OEM 2005-present Ford Superduty unit bearings, lockout hubs, stub shafts, U-joints, and 2005-2012 calipers and rotors.
- Aftermarket upgraded parts for Superduty applications should be fully compatible, including spindle/hub assemblies, lightweight brakes, unitbearings, and stub shafts.
- Inner axle shaft sizes limited only by axle tube diameter and differential sidegears.
- Outer stub shafts can be oversized to directly engage the unitbearing's 2.5-inch hub splines when the lockout components are removed.
- Flat-top pad machined for 6 ARP highsteer studs, allows for aftermarket steering arms that provide a wide range of steering options.
- Antilock Brakes, Traction Control, Vacuum Hubs, and Electronic Stability Control systems can be retained.
- 10Â° kingpin inclination and Ackerman angle optimized for 120-135 inch wheelbase.
- Knuckles cast from high-strength ductile iron and beefed up with extra material and ribbing.
- Cast-in steering arms tapered from the top down for standard "1-ton" tie rod ends; extra-wide arms allow the tie rod holes to be drilled out for oversized bolts, heim joints, etc. Â Extended arms allow a straight tie rod to clear most differential covers.
- Dual cast-in steering stops
- Sold individually - please order a left (p/n SKP1L) and a right (p/n SKP1R)
- Designed specifically for use with our Super Kingpin Inner-C's (p/n SKP5)
- Ideal for new builds, narrowing or hybrid axles
- Powdercoated in Reid Racing's signature orange.
- 100% Made in the USA