This is your not so basic steering setup that mocks the factory setup with easier adjustment & much stronger tubing. The kit can be used with stock steering position on the knuckle or High Steer arms. The taper it is the standard GM 1 ton.
The adjustment is easier because we add Hex Head TRE weld bungs so a crescent wrench is your adjustment tool, not a pipe wrench, which will scar the tube and if too deep, cause a major stress riser. Not to mention what it does to the paint...
These are stronger than stock because we use 1.5" X .25" Wall DOM tubing and the TRE's are made for a 1 ton rig and much larger than stock.
You will receive:
- 2 - 54" of 1.5" X .25" wall DOM tubing
- 2 RH - 7/8" Hex Head Weld Bungs, 18TPI for Tie Rod Ends
- 2 LH - 7/8" Hex Head Weld Bungs, 18TPI for Tie Rod Ends
- 2 RH - 7/8" Jam Nuts, 18TPI for Tie Rod Ends
- 2 LH - 7/8" Jam Nuts, 18TPI for Tie Rod Ends
- 4 - Tie Rod Ends, 1 for the Y Link, 2 for the Tie Rod, & 1 High Angle TRE for the pitman arm
We supply more DOM than you need because it is way too easy to make a mistake in your calculations and you can always cut tube, growing it back is the hard part!